- In 2001, terrorists hijacked airplanes and crashed into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania.
- Also in 2001, Apple introduced the iPod to the world.
- 2002 began the ever growing wave of reality TV shows, including American Idol.
- Facebook was launched in 2004 and 9 months later had reached 100 million users.
- The second largest recorded earthquake occurred in the Indian Ocean in 2005.
- J. K. Rowling published her final Harry Potter book in 2007.
- The USA elected our first African American president, Barack Obama in 2008.
- Slumdog Millionaire was released in 2008, grossing $377 million.
If you have pictures of alumni of the Turrell classes, please submit them to the Marion School District Web Master.