- Ben Selvin's Happy Days are Here Again and Harry Richman's Puttin' On the Ritz were both #1 hits in 1930.
- The Wizard of Oz hit the big screen along with Gone with the Wind.
- Superman is shown for the first time in comics.
- A gallon of gas cost 10 cents.
- The average income was 1,970 in 1930, but it fell to 1,730 by 1939.
- A house sold for $7,145. in 1930 and $3,800 in 1939.
- If you wanted a new car in 1930, you would have to pay an average of $640. By 1939, that would be $700.
If you have pictures of alumni of the Marion classes, please submit them to the Marion School District Web Master.