- During the 1970s: a gallon of gas was 36 cents.
- The average house cost $26,600.
- The average income was $8,734.
- The musical world gave us The Bee Gee's Stayin' Alive, The Beatles' Let it Be, and John Travolta's and Olivia Newton-John's You're the One That I Want!
- In 1971, VCRs were introduced. M.A.S.H. television show debuted in 1972.
- The United States pulled out of Vietnam in '73. 1974 marked the end of President Nixon's service as our president.
- In 1975, Arthur Ashe won Wimbledon and Microsoft was founded.
- 1977 marked Elvis Presley's death, Star Wars was released, and the mini-series Roots aired.
If you have pictures of alumni of the Leroy McNeil classes, please submit them to the Marion School District Web Master.