Do you remember "I'm Sorry" by Brenda Lee or maybe The Doors and "Light My Fire". If so, you may have been a student at Marion High School during the decade of the 60's.
- In 1960 a gallon of gas was 25 cents and by 1969 was 35 cents.
- In 1960 the average cost of new car was $2,600.00 and by 1969 was $3,270.00.
- In 1960 a new house cost $12,700.00 and by 1969 was $15,500.00.
- In 1960 the average income per year was $5,315.00 and by 1969 was $8,540.00.
- 1963 August 28th - Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his historic "I Have a Dream" speech advocating racial harmony at the Lincoln Memorial to an estimated crowd of 250,000.
- 1968 April 4th Martin Luther King, Jr. is shot and killed by James Earl Ray.
- 1968 - The first Big Mac goes on sale in McDonalds costing 49 cents.
If you have pictures of alumni of the WR Golden classes, please submit them to the Marion School District Web Master.