Marion School District Athletic Department
Athletics at Marion School District play an integral part in the school program.
Students have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities that will enhance their educational experience. The sports programs at MSD are committed to the physical, emotional, social, and mental development of all who participate.
The Athletics Program Objectives:
- To provide opportunities for physical, mental, and emotional growth.
- To develop confidence and self-esteem.
- To develop and improve time management skills.
- To develop and understand the concepts of individual and team play.
- To develop a sense of commitment, loyalty, cooperation, and fairness.
- To learn that good sportsmanship means winning and losing with grace and dignity.
- To learn to make decisions under pressure.
- To foster town pride.